Get Help with Child Care Fees

The child care fee subsidy program can help you with your child care costs.  If your child is enrolled in a licensed early learning and child care program you may be eligible for financial support for the costs of your child’s care.  Assistance is available for parents or legal guardians of children who are between the ages of 0 - 12 years.  You may qualify for help with some or all of your child care expenses.

Eligibility is based on your family's income as outlined on your current Notice of Assessment (NOA) or your current Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) Notice.  Assets and general expenses are not taken into account.

How do I apply?

  1. Secure a spot for your child(ren) with a Rainy River District Social Services Administration Board (DSSAB) contracted child care service provider.
  2. Complete all sections of the application for yourself and the co-applicant where applicable.  Both applicants must sign the form.  
  3. Mail, fax or deliver your application and all supporting documents (listed below) to the office nearest you:

Rainy River DSSAB - Fort Frances

Attention: Children’s Services
450 Scott Street
Fort Frances, ON P9A 1H2
Fax: (807) 274-0678

Rainy River DSSAB - Atikokan

Attention: Children’s Services
Rawn Road Centre, P.O. Box 1300
Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
Fax: (807) 597-1493

What do I need to include with my application?

Income Verification
  • A copy of your Notice of Assessment (NOA) (all pages) for each applicant and your Universal Child Care Benefit Statement (UCCB) (RC62) OR

  • A copy of your CCTB for the most recent tax year for each applicant. 
ActivityEmployed: Two most recent consecutive pay stubs or a letter from your employer (on company letterhead / stamp) that shows your place of employment, your hours and days of work.
 Student: Documents to confirm your enrolment and a class schedule.  Please ensure that the course/program start and end dates are included.
 Special needs: If not engaged in the above activities a current referral from a medical doctor, agency or other professional about your child(ren)’s need for child care is required.  Contact our office for more information.
AddressTwo of the following with your current address: a recent property tax, hydro, gas, water or telephone bill, driver’s license.
AgreementsA copy of your current custody and/or separation agreements (if applicable).
IdentificationA copy of your child(ren)’s birth certificate or other form of identification.

If you have lost or misplaced your Notice of Assessment, you can contact Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-8281 to obtain a copy.  If you are unable to locate your Canada Child Tax Benefit Notice, you can request a copy by calling 1-800-387-1193.

Questions? Contact Michelle Jewell in Fort Frances at (807) 274-5349 ext. 231 or Corrine Colvin in Atikokan at (807) 597-1431 for assistance with the application process.